• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Electric Clock Repair (Mastercrafters) "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am repairing a Mastercrafters clock (part of a tennis trophy) for a friend. The ailing part seems to be the motor, a Mastercrafters Model#11 motor that has a bayonet mount and a worm gear on the shaft. My quick reseach indicates that repair parts are not generally available. My questions are: (1) Is anyone aware of a source of repair parts for these, or (2) does anyone have advice about repair of the original motor (is this realistic)? My alternative is to replace the works with a quartz unit, which will involve some modification of the dial mounting, etc. My friend just wants a working clock in his trophy and is not concerned about originality. Thanks in advance for your throughts on this topic.

David

Mastercrafters Model #11

Posts: 3 | Location: Sandy Spring, Maryland USA | Registered: February 14, 2007
posted
David,
Show me some other views of your motor, I may have one. If not the next best shot is ebay.

Larry

Posts: 14 | Location: Silver Spring, Maryland USA | Registered: March 22, 2005
posted
I also have this motor-- The winding is open curcuit on the ohm meter.Is repair possible? or replacement available anywhere?--Many Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Location: Newfoundland in Canada | Registered: October 30, 2010