Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Making a constant profile cutting mill "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi there,

I am a regular guest of yr Ch185 Military Watch Forum and also Administrator of the German Military Watch Forum elsewhere and I thought it would be good to post the flwg for yr perousal

tnks rgds

Enzo

http://germanwatch.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=gene...ay&thread=1196523072

Posts: 285 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
Very interesting. 4cm is about 1.5 inches. That seems like a big diameter for a spring metal. I am probably misunderstanding, can you be more specific on the material you used?

Thanks

Rick

Posts: 93 | Location: Frisco, Texas in the USA | Registered: August 29, 2006
posted
Hallo Rick,

tnks and yes, dia is 1.5 inches.
I use salvaged coil springs that you can find in sliding doors actuating system (which are 2 inch wide and 3/32'' thick) or similar assy's, I do not know if in US they have same components just like over here. Just to give you an idea the foil leaf of the car rear suspensions would be good as well but they are too thick....
Basically any steel that has an high tenor of Carbon (.50 .60) would be good enough.
Pls ask if I was not clear enough.
tnks rgds

Enzo

Posts: 285 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
Thanks Enzo, I was picturing a spiral spring but it sounds like you are describing a leaf spring which makes total sense.

Thanks for the clarification.

Rick

Posts: 93 | Location: Frisco, Texas in the USA | Registered: August 29, 2006