Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 954 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi,

Here is my Hamilton 954. It is by no means in mint condition, but I like the zig zag damaskeening pattern featured on the movement. You don't see these everyday although almost 1900 were produced with the lever set feature. It was RR approved during it's time and was adjusted to 5 positions.

I am a novice "photographer" and I have learned much through this chapter and it's knowledgeable members. It has been a slow learning curve for me with lots of room for improvement, but it is fun although sometimes a bit frustrating.

Thanks,

Rob

954mov

posted
Dial

Dial

posted
Nice watch Rob, what do ou use for lighting , your watch pictures?

posted
Hi Kevin,

Right now I am using 3 desk lamps. 2 40 watts and 1 60. Am thinking about looking into an "Ott" light. Here is one more photo of the movement.

Rob

954mov2

posted
Rob,

I suggest you try natural sunlight. You will get more natural colors and fewer problems with shadows and reflected light. It's also cheaper than electric lights ... Wink

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...Glyn's right there but an Ott lite is/would be a worthwhile investment for indoor Smile ...you may also wish to search the archives here for some excellent lighting and exposure tips particularly by Mssrs: Soucheck, Dellinger & Riddle (sounds like a law firm)...

Jim
IHC#234

posted
Nice watch Rob! I have been a fan of the Hamilton 954 for a long time and it is nice to see the photos of your fine example.

Fred

posted
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions and Glyn here is a shot taken with outside light as you suggested.

Rob

954mov3

posted
Rob,
Great picture using natural light. I think lighting is the key to good pictures. Trying to find the best type of lighting for your situation depends on a lot on your camera options also.
Thanks for sharing your Hamilton 954 with us, keep the great pictures coming. Cool

posted
Rob,

There you go. You got rid of the pink tint.

Is that a digital pic or a scan of a photo? What kind of camera are you using?

posted
Phil,

I appreciate your encouraging words. Your photo's are always top notch. It is clear I am going to have to revise my lighting set up to get the results I want.

Glyn,

The images were taken with a digital camera. It is a Canon G2 I picked up a few months ago as they were being phased out.

Rob

posted
Thanks for posting Rob, I like those squiggly lines too... Smile