• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

ENGRAVED PENDULUM BOB "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here's a not-too-bad Seth Thomas perpetual calendar with a 4-inch version of the engraved bob.

ST WALL CALENDAR

Watch Repair Expert
posted
I love perpetual calendars! Mine is pictured below, but it doesn't have the fancy pendulum, and my photographs aren't nearly as good.

=================

Steve Maddox
President, NAWCC Chapter #62
North Little Rock, Arkansas
IHC Charter Member 49

IHC Life Member
Picture of Dale Sowell
posted
Self Winding Clock Company with the engraved 4" bob ... ds

Dale Sowell's WEB Site ...

posted
Steve, Your pic was resized Wink

posted
Interesting case. Seth Thomas used a very similar case for some of it's calendars. There's one in an oak case of the same design here.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Dale Sowell
posted
Yes this was the same case that Seth used for the #30 Regulator and they also made a double dial calendar regulator but I don't remember the ## and the book is down in the shop. Seth Thomas made a lot of the cases (if not most) for Self Winding Clock Co. and for Standard Electric Time. They appear to have made some of the earlier Stromberg Electric cases too.

I am restoring an earlier SWCC #18 in Oak at this time but its about a month or so before it will be presentable ....... ds

posted
Here's the Seth Thomas oak case calendar, damage to the right bottom area, I think the weight dropped when the cord broke some time. The damage was there when my Dad bought the clock some 30 years ago. It had a coat of a vile green paint on it which I removed. It's buddy is a hanging Eclipse model.

ST and buddy