Internet Horology Club 185
ENGRAVED PENDULUM BOB

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5656047761/m/2466079714

September 05, 2003, 15:27
John Arrowood
ENGRAVED PENDULUM BOB
Here's a not-too-bad Seth Thomas perpetual calendar with a 4-inch version of the engraved bob.

ST WALL CALENDAR

September 05, 2003, 16:41
Steve Maddox
I love perpetual calendars! Mine is pictured below, but it doesn't have the fancy pendulum, and my photographs aren't nearly as good.

=================

Steve Maddox
President, NAWCC Chapter #62
North Little Rock, Arkansas
IHC Charter Member 49

September 05, 2003, 17:53
Dale Sowell
Self Winding Clock Company with the engraved 4" bob ... ds

Dale Sowell's WEB Site ...
September 05, 2003, 18:10
Mike Nardick
Steve, Your pic was resized Wink
September 05, 2003, 22:01
John Arrowood
Interesting case. Seth Thomas used a very similar case for some of it's calendars. There's one in an oak case of the same design here.
September 05, 2003, 22:12
Dale Sowell
Yes this was the same case that Seth used for the #30 Regulator and they also made a double dial calendar regulator but I don't remember the ## and the book is down in the shop. Seth Thomas made a lot of the cases (if not most) for Self Winding Clock Co. and for Standard Electric Time. They appear to have made some of the earlier Stromberg Electric cases too.

I am restoring an earlier SWCC #18 in Oak at this time but its about a month or so before it will be presentable ....... ds
September 06, 2003, 10:02
John Arrowood
Here's the Seth Thomas oak case calendar, damage to the right bottom area, I think the weight dropped when the cord broke some time. The damage was there when my Dad bought the clock some 30 years ago. It had a coat of a vile green paint on it which I removed. It's buddy is a hanging Eclipse model.

ST and buddy