Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bench Lighting? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
What are people using for bench lighting? The Dazor fluorescent lamps seem to be popular, but Grobet also makes a nice looking lamp for $70 v. $200 for the Dazor. There are also incandescent, halogen, and LED lamps available.

Thanks,
Evan

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
posted
I am on the frugal side of things. I have a $10 shop fluorescent lamp I got at home depot overhead. On the bench I have a fluorescent magnifying lamp I got at harbor freight for about $29 on sale.

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Evan,

Here is a recent discussion about bench lighting...

Lighting

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5220 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Debbie,
Thanks. I was smack dab in the middle of that one, too Smile

Evan

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
Picture of Desmond Lundy
posted
I have a pivoted arm light with 96 LEDs and flap covered magnifying glass. The light is both comfortable and efficient. Florescent lamps give me headache that one could hang on a hook.

Posts: 785 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 25, 2003
IHC Member 1851
posted
I have ceiling track light with 6 50watt mini halogen reflector floods among 4 feet, each unit has an integral transformer (12v) and can be aimed, On wall electronic dimmer usually set 40%, go's all up when on lathe. Nice to work with as there are no dark spots. Not cheap, Current cost about $250 in material, had 10 years, bulbs original. Over time heat is felt on high, On low it is not noticeable.

Posts: 207 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado in the USA | Registered: April 23, 2013
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Google Aven. They have some nice bench lights for a moderate price.
I have a three bulb, switchable between 1,2,3 bulbs and plenty of light.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011