Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Lighting "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
I am looking for a good florescent light for my bench. I have found some three bulbs (12 to 15 inch) and a two bulb but would like to know what most members use. I want an easily adjustable bright output daylight unit in a 15 +-inch 3 bulb.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Patrick,
I just ordered a 3-bulb Grobet from Otto Frei for $80 plus shipping. It should arrive Friday. I'll let you know what I think.

The other light I looked at was the Dazor for $225, but I just couldn't justify the extra expense. I found some less expensive ones used, but wanted the no-hum and efficient electronic balast and T8 bulbs.

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Life Member
posted
The Grobet arrived last night. It's pretty good for the price, and does a great job with its 3 T5 bulbs lighting up the bench, but was disappointed that it does have a faint hum. While not objectionable, I guess I expected a modern light to be completely quiet. Will post pics and a bit of a review when I have a chance.

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Evan, That little slight hum can't be any worse than having the wife in the house!!!

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
"I refuse to answer on the grounds... Wink