Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

High End Custom Watchmaking in the USA "Click" to Login or Register 
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
The price of their products may be out of reach, but I do like looking at the tools they are using:
A type of Rose Engine Lathe.

Montres Allison

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1942 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
WOW! The guys on BROADARROW don't seem to like these watches! BroadarrowUnpluged

Posts: 1942 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Picture of Jessica Lane
posted
I have heard, possibly here, in the past, that the watches created (if they are created) by him, are being sold at greatly inflated prices, with extremely inflated claims, on ebay and possibly an online site.

I would definitely make serious inquiries before buying anything, based on what I've heard, even though my knowledge is second-hand.

Jessica Frown

Posts: 834 | Location: New York, New York U.S.A. | Registered: September 06, 2003
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
You might notice that's a picture of MY dial being done.

Frank "407" Kusumoto

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Nice dial, Frank. Tell us some more about it.

Best regards,
Greg

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Greg,

It's just a plain old rose-engine turned silver dial with a milled recess for the sub-seconds. Fits in a 42mm case and uses the UT6497 movement. There are a couple of people in the Denver area who do this kind of engraving work. That machine pictured above is excellent and I've had a chance to play with it. The person is NOT an employee of MA. He's an american craftsman who does work for others, mostly jewelry (he's a master jeweler). He makes a "mean" Faberge egg.

Frank "407" Kusumoto

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
Picture of Jessica Lane
posted
yeah, plain old..... plain old

nothin' special.

Eek (or should I say Razz)

Jessica

Posts: 834 | Location: New York, New York U.S.A. | Registered: September 06, 2003
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
I would love to have one of those lathes to play with. Ever since I bought a copy of COMPLEX AND ORNAMENTAL TURNING by Holtzapfell(sp?). But the cost is hard for me to justify (w/o winning the Lotto jackpot).

Best regards,
Greg