Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hand Setting/Fitting Tool "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
I've received this hand fitting set in a group of tools I purchased, but can't figure out how it would be used.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
And, here's another set of tools that I have no idea how they would be used. There is a set of 8 measuring from 14 to 43 mm. Made in Austria of bakelight or plastic.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Here's another picture. Wish I could figure out how to keep the image quality within the size parameters. By the time I shrink it to fit the size the picture loses all it's clarity and is too small.

Dave Turner

Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Dave,
The first tool has a picture of its use here: What is this "THINGAMAJIG's" Purpose
I’ve never seen the other tool.
RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
not certain other looks like a bit like dies from a crystal press.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks Richard and Chris,
I've seen the hand setting tool for sale, but never any graphic display of how it would be used.
And as for the other unidentified set, Chris, I had the same thought. It must be some sore of crystal fitting apparatus. There is a place in the back of the box which appears to be a place to store another tool, maybe a hand tool which these dies can be inserted?

Dave Turner

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I agree with the crystal press. The tools are the press dies, but no press.

The hand fitting thing is cute, on deicate or cantankerous pocket watches I use my staking tool to prevent plate damage, otherwise I use this;

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007