Internet Horology Club 185
Hand Setting/Fitting Tool

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5146029761/m/5093920077

February 16, 2012, 15:09
Dave Turner
Hand Setting/Fitting Tool
I've received this hand fitting set in a group of tools I purchased, but can't figure out how it would be used.

Dave Turner
February 16, 2012, 15:19
Dave Turner
And, here's another set of tools that I have no idea how they would be used. There is a set of 8 measuring from 14 to 43 mm. Made in Austria of bakelight or plastic.

Dave Turner
February 16, 2012, 15:26
Dave Turner
Here's another picture. Wish I could figure out how to keep the image quality within the size parameters. By the time I shrink it to fit the size the picture loses all it's clarity and is too small.

Dave Turner
February 16, 2012, 22:34
Richard Romero
Dave,
The first tool has a picture of its use here: What is this "THINGAMAJIG's" Purpose
I’ve never seen the other tool.
RR
February 17, 2012, 08:35
Chris Abell
not certain other looks like a bit like dies from a crystal press.

www.Abellwatchmakers.com
February 17, 2012, 08:48
Dave Turner
Thanks Richard and Chris,
I've seen the hand setting tool for sale, but never any graphic display of how it would be used.
And as for the other unidentified set, Chris, I had the same thought. It must be some sore of crystal fitting apparatus. There is a place in the back of the box which appears to be a place to store another tool, maybe a hand tool which these dies can be inserted?

Dave Turner
February 17, 2012, 12:20
David Abbe
I agree with the crystal press. The tools are the press dies, but no press.

The hand fitting thing is cute, on deicate or cantankerous pocket watches I use my staking tool to prevent plate damage, otherwise I use this;