Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help needed to ID these 3 items "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Help needed to ID these 3 items

I bought a partial estate last week and these were in a box of parts,any idea what they are???

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
#2 base diameter 1 1/8" note-the perspective is wrong and it actually measures 1 1/8" across diameter of the base

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Boy we should get together. I have a lot of items, that I have no clue as to what they are.
Perhaps we should start a what is it? Lots of members could learn a lot from it.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
The first 250 pages of this catalogue contain lots of thingamadoies and whatchamcallits.

J.H. Purdy & Co. 1899

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
IHC Member 1357
posted
I think the first item is a leg prosthesis for a stork.
Roger

Posts: 4085 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
Life Member
posted
I have seen drawings for making tool #1 in high school metal shop class. I suspect it is for separating some sort of thing from a tapered shaft. Number 2 looks like the base for my lawnmower blade balancing tool. It has a stepped spun aluminum cup, to fit different sized center shaft holes, that sits on top of the pin. After sharpening the blade, it is rested on the appropriate cup, and whichever side is heavier gets a little more grinding.

Posts: 213 | Location: Westminster, Maryland in the USA | Registered: March 02, 2015
Picture of Thomas M. Cusack
posted
I'm going with clock tools the first on ,I have seen just forgot where ( I think some clock show in Ma. a few years ago )

Posts: 175 | Location: New Hampshire in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2015
Life Member
posted
Mr. Cusak's reply finally jogged my memory. It is calld a "crows foot" and is used to hold thiongs like the top part of a lantern pinion while a punch is used to drive the arbor down, thus freeing the individual runners.

Posts: 213 | Location: Westminster, Maryland in the USA | Registered: March 02, 2015
Life Member
posted
If you were into small and really detailed scale model cars, it would probably make a nice ball joint separator, too. Smile

Picture of Billy Kuhn
posted
The one on the right looks like a support for the balance cock so you can work on the hair spring.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Killen, Alabama in the USA | Registered: January 15, 2013