• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

quartz watch analyzer advice wanted "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am looking to get a cheap quartz watch analyzer which will test average consumption, operation of the grounding switch, lower working voltage limit, verification of impulses from the IC, resistance of the coil, coil insulation. What would you recommend? Any comment is greatly appreciated!

Posts: 31 | Location: Panama City, Florida USA | Registered: November 18, 2005
posted
If your handy with the soldering iron and don't mind taking the time you could make one. There are instructions in "Questions & Answers in Quartz Watch Repairing" by Alice and Buddy Carpenter.

The AWCI has copies.

Posts: 95 | Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida USA | Registered: January 16, 2006
posted
Tim,
I thank you! I got the book and am reading. The idea of the variable voltage supply kit seems to be a good idea.
Appreciated your help.

posted
Tim,
I am still reading...and getting rather confused with so many attachments mentioned in the book.
What do you use yourself?

posted
Naoki,

I made and use the one in the book your reading. It might take a little getting used to. Initially, I had to take it slow so I could understand what I was supposed to do and what I was supposed to attach the clips or touch the probes to.

Another book/pamphlet that helps is Seiko's "Technical Guide. General Instructions. Analogue/Digital Quartz". They are not easy to find but turn up on Ebay every once in a while. Also, Dashto.com occasionally has them in his book section. It helped clear some things up for me.

Tim.

Posts: 95 | Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida USA | Registered: January 16, 2006
posted
Hello Tim,
Thanks for your input. I guess I need to be more patient...and will try to get the Seiko guide which you recommended also.
Many thanks.