• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Would someone help me with my South Bend watches? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I'm taking pics of all my South Bends and I'm basically looking for someone just to say it's a correct dial or it's not correct. I have some lower grade SB's that have nice dials on them, but just need to see if they're correct for the watch. Would someone be willing to view the pics of around 20 watches or so to give feedback of where I'm at and what I should look for in upgrading dials? dpullen4 at comcast dot net Thanks!

Posts: 39 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2008
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

As a start you are welcome to bring your watches over and we could do some interesting comparisons with the watches spread out before us. In the alternative send the images to southbend@roadunner.com and we could discuss them over the phone.

Sounds like an interesting project!

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Just post them on the board. In this thread. You'll get a better opinion.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
posted
They're all too big to post here. I'll see about hosting on another site.

Posts: 39 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2008
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Maybe I misunderstood Duane's question Smile my impression was that he wanted some personal conversation and comparisons with other watches. As Frank correctly pointed out there would be more varied opinions by posting images on-site and this topic would be an excellent place.

So far as sizing of the images, check here for advice...

HELP IN POSTING IMAGES FOR HOSTING ON OUR DISCUSSION SITE

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
http://www2.snapfish.com/photolibrary/t_=92590607

This is the link to all of my South Bends. Just curious if I have dials on my lower grade 16s(215/227/290) and 18s(330/333) non-studebakers that I could "rob" to upgrade bad dials or dials that are incorrect. Does that make sense?

I know how to post images here, but between having to resize all of my images and attach one image at a time, it would take a long time here.

Does this make sense?

IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
That requires names, emails and passwords none of us would have.

Don

Posts: 504 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: April 02, 2005
posted
Sorry, I was logged in, so no wonder it took me there with no problem. I shared the albums with Lindell since he gave an email address above. If anyone else wants to see, leave me your email address.