Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

The Studebaker 328 "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jeffrey Tibbs
posted
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item...=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

That auction for The Studebaker 328 number 541129 was completed for $3,411.87 last night, I watched it from the first hours of listing. After comparing that one to Lindell's number 541049 I have seen pictured on our site, I am wondering what a complete 328 - decent dial and case is worth.

Scarcity and demand drives price, and by Lyle Stratton's book only about 200 of these HC The Studebakers were made.

Best

Jeff

This one sold on eBay with worn open face case and cracked dial...

Posts: 166 | Location: Dublin, Ohio in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2005
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

This is an interesting topic and one of my favorite subjects.

As to value Jeff, I feel a nice, complete '328' is easily a $5,000.00 plus item.

Consider that no more than two hundred of South-Bend 'The Studebaker' Grade 328 were produced and that was a hundred years ago. A thousand numbers were blocked but survivors are grouped in a range of less than 200 numbers. Now, compare $10,000.00 range prices we see for the more available Hamilton 947 of which 308 were produced. So my $5,000.00 estimate might actually be an understatement.

Let's show some more '328' images!

Lindell

Here is number 541049 from my collection...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Jeffrey Tibbs
posted
Here is a pic of the one I traded from Lindell last year. 541070 is a excellent condition HC watch. I have seen only the 1 of these come to ebay in the last 6 years. Definately a tough to find watch.

Looking forward to seeing more pics

Best

Jeff

Picture of Jeffrey Tibbs
posted
Here is the flip side of my watch...

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Lindell, I would be grateful if you took a picture of your setup for photographing pictures. I can't get anything to come out looking like your pics.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
yes, yes, yes, I would love to see something too. My pictures are terrible.

I need SIMPLE instructions.

Lindell, just HOW do you do such gorgeous pictures?

AND these watches are to "Die For"

Wow they are great!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Come on Lin!

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Actually, Lin has a "Time Machine" that takes him back to the original watch factory where they give him an original watch to photograph. In those days the only available light was sunlight, so Lin had an easy "full spectrum" light source to use.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007