Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

South Bend Grade 111 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi guys,

I just acquired nice looking SB grade 111. Im wondering if any of you could comment if this watch is correct or need any attention. Thanks in advance.

Dial

Posts: 266 | Location: Wroclaw in Poland | Registered: May 06, 2013
posted

Inside view

IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
Nice watch. Looks OK and correct. It is one of the harder grades to find in the 0s South Bends. With only 1000 total produced in 9 runs. The winding gear looks to be in rough shape, easy fix.

Again nice watch.

Keith

Posts: 854 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks Keith for info. Maybe you could tell me more how I could fix winding gear? I would appreciate that. And yes, this is very nice watch, even my wife told me she can carry it, and she usually don't care about my watches Smile. It looks better than on my crappy pictures Big Grin

IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
Not a good solution but purchase a junk movement with the same type of gears and swap them. Upgrade!

Remember this is a open face model, the hunter gears are in different configuration.

I think keep the back closed and enjoy it the way it is...

Keith

Posts: 854 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
ah crap, I thought there is a trick to fix it Smile cheers thanks