Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Movement Advice "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have been trying for a while to match up a watch movement to fit this case

I got the NOS solid silver deco case, The case was absolutely filthy almost black took me the best part of a day to clean it , I sourced a genuine Deegan silver crocodile buckle from America, thats why I put the real crocodile strap/band on this watch just waiting for a movement and a dial hope you members can help

the dimensions for the movement, are 22mm round movement these are usually european 15 jewel movements
with a square dial of 20mm x 20mm or 21mm x 21mm at the most

this is another of my projects

some photo`s of the case

Deco top

Posts: 21 | Location: England in the United Kingdom | Registered: October 05, 2008
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
I don't have a movement for it but, I wish I did!

When you find a movement please send a picture of the watch on your arm. It's a nifty case & band.

Wayne

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
posted
Still looking Wayne thanks for your reply and if you do see a movement get in touch

regards John

Posts: 21 | Location: England in the United Kingdom | Registered: October 05, 2008
posted
This is the state of it when I first got the Deco case cleaned it for the photo but it still took some elbow grease to get it somewhere near

the original strap I took off as it was very small and I could not fasten it on my wrist the case itself is unusual having spring pins in the lugs instead of wire lugs

original photo

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
John

What is written at the very bottom of the dial under the 6.

Also does the case back have a brand name, I thought it might help pin point what movement was originally in it.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Put a ligne guage to the dial opening. It should probably show 10 1/2 lignes. If so a likely suspect would be AS 340, FF 1146, or maybe a Gruen watch specialties co. movement. I need to know thickness and a photo of backside of dial.

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004
posted
Although the case is large measuring 40mm x 25mm
it will only take a 15 jewel european movement or maybe an American
which is 22mm maybe 23mm
I make that a 10 ligne
Tom you said you wanted to know what movement was in it I`m afraid their was no
movement in it as I got the case as NOS and the dial was with it the Dial is marked
under the 6`o`clock position "460" is this a Calibre reference

The square dial of 20mm x 20mm or 21mm x 21mm at the most
the problem is matching the dial feet to a movement I have got 2 movements that fit
but the dials on them are no good so I`m still at square one

I would love to put an Elgin or Gruen movement in this case but the dial has to be the
right size on the Elgin or Gruen movement

I also bought through eBay from the same seller in Germany another case NOS this is a barrel
case but with the same sort of movement this other Case is Clearly marked "Cortebert" they both
had the same Strap/band on them but with the barrel case it was a fixed lug so I did not take the
Strap / band off it the barrel case has the "Cortebert` stamped inside the case and there is also
a makers label attached to the case with the same "Cortebert" logo on it

posted
Here are photo`s of the other barrel case I got it`s not as ornate as the other one

posted
and here`s the case back details

posted
I think maybe I have placed this thread in the wrong place I should have started the thread in
"HOROLOGICAL ITEMS "WANTED TO BUY OR TRADE"