WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Technical, Shop Talk and Internet Links  Hop To Forums  Watch Repair Questions and Answers    1907 E. Howard Series 9 17J adj 3p checkerboard missing regulator pins
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

1907 E. Howard Series 9 17J adj 3p checkerboard missing regulator pins "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1736
posted
Hi guys,

I bought this Series nine because it is in a near perfect Factory Coin Edged case... It has a great dial and super clean movement. Runs two minutes slow per day because it is free sprung with no regulator pins.

Can I drift these broken bits out and replace the pins with some brass pins I trim down on my lathe?

The regulator whip and bow are in great corrosion free condition... It would be a simple matter to swap the regulator whip with a spare if I had one. But since it is in such nice corrosion free condition I thought it might be nice if it is feasible to press in new pins.

Thoughts or opinions?

Thanks a mil, Paul'T

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Paul, You should be able to press out the pins (from the "bottom" side) and replace them with some new pins.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007