Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need A 17mm Female Spring? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
I am looking fora 17mm female spring for a watch. If someone has or can lead me to where I can get one it would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Mark,

Do you need a 17mm long mainspring? What make and model of watch do you need it for?

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
posted
It is for a pin to attach a watch band to the watch. It has permanent stubs pins on watch. It is an open end spring/pin that is 17mm long. It is for a Webster watch by Hamilton. Thanks for reply

posted
Mark, You are wanting a "spring pin". These are readily available at any jewelry store or mall kiosk that fits watch batteries and watch straps.

Tom

posted
Thanks for reply. I tried 2 around me and they do not have any. Would you know any that I can order on line?

posted
Mark, I saw from your post on the green board that this spring pin is different than the norm. I don't not know specifically of a site where you could order from. Some of the Hamiton collectors here might know.

Tom

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Mark,
Do you have a picture of the spring you need?
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Mark,

It sounds like you need a 17mm female spring bar. This type of bar has holes on the ends to fit pins on the case lugs, rather than the usual arrangement which is the other way 'round. Have you checked the Jules Borel catalog? I think part 417-B, 17mm female spring bar, on p. 50 of their horological catalog is what you need. If not, they have 6 pages of spring bars with illustrations.

catalog page

-Dave

Posts: 2 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: April 22, 2006
posted
Thanks for the information. That is exactly what I needed. I thought it was a hard item to find. Appreciated.

posted
Mark,

Send me an e-mail. I have some vintage ones that you can have.

Cary

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005
posted
Just to make sure we are talking same item. I am attaching a link for item. It is the high grade spring bars in the upper right corner. If you have one 17mm, I will try to cancel order. Could you let me know if it is the same? Thanks and appreciated.
http://www.julesborel.com/images/horological/page50.gif