Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Stuck two piece bezel question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Nice work Dave.

What is the generally accepted procedure for re-bluing the case?

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Good question Lorne,
I didn't research that procedure too much. But I did learn that you can buy a kit for re-bluing yourself.
This does not however replicate the original factory procedure. And I don't know what that entails.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
To re-blue the "gun-metal" appearance of this case which is actually a black color, I would enquire of a gunsmith and see if they could help.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Dave,
I had the same thought. I have a friend who's a "gun nut". He probably knows. I haven't asked him yet.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Follow instructions, it's very simple.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Formua...&hash=item3a9f2507b9

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
44/40 will works like a charm on that case and you can reapply to make it darker

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks Peter,
Wish I hadn't already mailed it back to my brother in law.
Not having any experience with this, could it be applied without removing the crystal and brass parts without damaging them?

Dave Turner

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
well I will suggest to start in some part that can be rebuff just to see how is working, as with all metals no same result can be achieve, once happy I will dip the case for few seconds at a time wash and repeat if necessary,fallow the instruction on battle.
and yes I will remove the crystal and brass unless
you want to rub the liquid on the case.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011