Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Winding and Running "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1357
posted
Most of the watches I have start running as I am winding them which I believe to be normal.I just received one that doesn't.It requires a shaking to get it going and it will run 40hrs. and lose 3 seconds during this time.What causes this?Repairs needed?
Roger

Posts: 4093 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
It could be that you have a different escapement such as a duplex, I may be wrong but I believe these normally need a shake. If it is a more common escapement that's ticking regularly and keeping time consistently as you've said then I don't think it needs a repair, but a clean may be a good idea incase dirt or dust s providing friction, stopping the watch starting without a shake and also increasing wear to the pivots. Hope this helps,
Joe

Posts: 78 | Location: Nottingham in the United Kingdom | Registered: March 30, 2013
Picture of Brian C.
posted
The movement maybe out of beat. If you haven't had it serviced, now would be a good time to do it.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Member 1357
posted
Thanks guys.I was hoping that a service would be all that is needed.Appreciate your input.
Regards
Roger

Posts: 4093 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010