• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rockford balance staff "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I recieved my Ebay package tonight. One package had several Hampden staffs and the other was a group of Rockford staffs.

The Hampden staffs were a piece of cake thanks to my friend Ed Thouvenin. Ed has compile the dimensions of the Hampden staffs in the Hampden Watch Co. book. The drawings are great!

Now the problem, is there any resource for Rockford staff dimensions out there? I have found Elgin, Howard, Hamilton and Waltham. Can someone point me in the right direction?

When I get my hands on "loose staff assortments" I measure and but them back into my staff system.
There appears to be about ten different common staffs used by Rockford.

Thanks!

Posts: 126 | Location: Northern Ohio in the USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
Bob
I have a list that shows 19 different B.S., with dimensions, for Rockford's, ranging from 18s to Os. If your interested send me your email and I will send along what I have.

Frank

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
posted
Thanks Frank, that will be very helpful.
bkerr@sssnet.com

Posts: 126 | Location: Northern Ohio in the USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
posted
Hi Bob
I will try to get them out to you this week.

Frank

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
posted
Hi Frank,
I wonder if you can add me to the list.
mrmel.mrmel@gmail.com
Mel

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
posted
Hi Mel

Hope you get the info I sent, let me know.

Frank

IHC Life Member
RR Watch Expert
Picture of Ed Ueberall
posted
Frank,
Sorry to ask so late, but could you also email me your data on the Rockford staffs, to
stdwatch@aol.com.
I just finished restaffing a rather scarce Rockford (a grade 912) and I had to search through a lot of loose staffs until I found the correct replacement.

Ed Ueberall
IHC Member 34
The Escapement

Posts: 620 | Location: Pooler, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
posted
Hi Ed
I'll put it in todays mail for you.

Frank

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Hi Frank,
Would you please e-mail me a list as well?
Thanks,
Brian C.
pwpartsetc@pwatch.com

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Life Member
RR Watch Expert
Picture of Ed Ueberall
posted
Dimensions list received. Thanks Frank. Smile

Ed Ueberall
IHC Member 34
The Escapement

Posts: 620 | Location: Pooler, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
posted
Hi Brian

I'm putting it in the mail as I answer.

Frank

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Frank,

If it is clearly printed and on standard size paper we put it up as a down-loadable PDF File. If that is something you would favor doing send it along to nawcc-ihc@roadrunner.com and we'll make it happen for you right in this topic.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Brian C.
posted
I received it Frank. There were a few numbers I didn't have.
Thanks,
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Perhaps a picture like the one attached can be added to clarify the dimensions
Regards Mel

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
posted
Melvin
That looks like a good idea, I'll see if Lindell can incorporate it with the list; I don't think I could handle it.

Frank

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Frank,
I have the staffs. I tried a couple of times to e-mail you but, it bounced back to me.
Brian C.