Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Kenneth Cole Reaction Battery Reset "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roddy J. Brunton
posted
Anyone know how to reset the watch after changing the battery?

I have a Kenneth Cole Reaction on the case back it has U54-02 RK5027.
Last week the analog part was working but the digital was not.
I put in a new battery, now the digital is working but the analog is not.
Any ideas? I can't find anything marked AC to cross with the battery which is how many digital watches are reset.

Roddy JB

Posts: 1382 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Roddy,

Are there two batteries? another under the circuit board.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
Hi Chris, You were right of course. However, not being a watchmaker, when I went to reassemble the watch after changing the 2nd battery, I noticed 2 little springs & a 'clip' of some sort had come out & I have no idea where they go. I guess I should have left it alone. I guess now I'll put all the bits into a small baggie. Rod

Roddy JB

Posts: 1382 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Put it the project draw you can always go back to it another day now its near fixed Big Grin
if you have photos of the parts and the upper board removed we maybe able to figure where they go, I can see one spring in your photo is that one?

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
here is 1st pic

Roddy JB

IHC Life Member
posted
2nd

Roddy JB

IHC Life Member
posted
3rd

Roddy JB

IHC Life Member
posted
Hi Chris,
Don't know if these pics will help or not.
Regards, Rod

Roddy JB

IHC Life Member
posted
I think I worked out where they went...

Roddy JB

IHC Life Member
posted
got the springs back in & the clip, it went in the main battery opening. put in the 2 new batteries.
And now nothing works? Now I do give up!

Roddy JB

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Take the circuit off and see if the analogue works on its own. you may have not aligned to circuit spot on to make contacts with the black strips.
I take it springs re photo 1 at 1 & 7, and clip in round recess in white plastic small tab uppermost

IHC Life Member
posted
Hi Chris, That didn't seem to do it either, now nothing seems to work. First one worked then I changed a battery & the one started working but the first one quit. Changed the second battery now nothing works, I just don't get it.
Rod

Roddy JB