WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •

Closed Topic Closed
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
NEW WALTHAM SET LEVERS FOR MODEL 1908, 1899 AND BALL-WALTHAM "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

WALTHAM SET LEVERS FOR MODEL 1908, 1899 AND BALL-WALTHAM

(Price to non-members is $87.10 including U.S.A. shipping.)

IHC185 Members Only price is $77.10 with U.S.A. shipping included.

We always ship via United States Postal Service for fastest, safest delivery.

Waltham Part 4760 on page 131 of "Illustrated Manual of American Watch Movements"

Here are some more IHC185 Members Only particulars...

WALTHAM SET LEVERS FOR MODEL 1908, 1899 AND BALL-WALTHAM

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Very nice looking set levers.....nice job Chris and thanks Lindell for offering them up here.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Lin/Chris (or anybody else), I recently bought a 16s Ball Watham at a country auction and upon disassembling the watch, found that the setting lever was totally missing. I should have noticed this during the preview, but it slipped by me. Anyway, I would be interested in buying a new repro lever, but it appears that I need more than just the lever. The attached photo pretty much shows the situation. I am definitely missing two screws, but from looking at your picture, Lin, it appears that there is a small shaft or stud that the lever pushes on (visible right below the lowest part of the lever in your picture). If these 3 other parts are difficult to find I may not bother fixing the watch. Can someone tell me the availability of these two screws and third component that the lever pushes on? I don't know if it is required, but the serial number of my watch is B134372. According to Shugart's Price Guide that should place it circa 1901-1903.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Bruce

I had trouble putting one of those back together before & here is a link to some photos Lindell took to help me get mine back together, it might help you figure out which parts are missing. The part I had trouble getting back is the one I can see missing in yours. It might help to see if the other parts are still present under the bridge.

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...541096103#7541096103

Also if I remember correct some other Waltham models took the same parts, I have been trying to find that info for you but no luck so far. I will keep looking.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
Tom, thanks for your help...much appreciated! Smile

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Bruce, your welcome. I am sure there is another Waltham model with the same setting parts but I can not find which one. I remember after working on my Ball Waltham I then worked on another regular Waltham & found it was the same set up, I thought I still had it but haven't been able to find it.

Tom

IHC Life Member
posted
Tom, I have another Ball Waltham that I will probably take apart just to figure out how many parts are missing from the winding mechanism of this latest purchase. If I need 3 or 4 parts, in addition to the lever, I will probably just hunt around for a parts watch to scavenge the parts from. Just what I needed...another project. Roll Eyes

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
OK Bruce, in the mean time I will keep an eye out for the plain one I had, it was just for parts I think. If I run across it you can have it for parts.

If I remember right under the bridge & then under that disc is just the lever that moves the stem up & down from set to wind & then that wire spring you can see under it all. Just be sure to make not of how that spring is attached & which end to which screw, that was what messed me up to begin with. Forgot to photograph it 1st.

Tom

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Bruce, Tom and everyone,

Our own Brian at pwpartsetc@pwatch.com is often helpful in locating Waltham parts. We have a small quantity of the screw that attaches the lever we are selling. If that attachment screw is missing from your movement, mention that fact as part of your order and we will pleased to include it for you at no extra cost.

And for anyone who thinks our price is high for a heretofore nearly impossible to find part, check this...

Recently we obtained a rare, original Waltham Part Number 4760 from an old parts stash and you will see it on the left in the image below this post. On the right is our exclusive, individually die-struck and carefully machined lever. As you can easily see, the original shown on left below is thin overall and subject to breaking because it was stamped from thin, cheap sheet steel, it is attracted by magnetism and has a tendency to rust. We look upon our product with great pride, it is reinforced in the areas that proved to be weak in the originals, it should never break. I am pleased to report the reaction from everyone who has purchased them is overwhelmingly positive. We say... "Try it, you'll like it!" ...and as always Wink your complete satisfaction is guaranteed.

Prices quoted in this topic include shipping to any U.S.A. address. We also sell items to the public on eBay, click here for IHC185 eBay Auctions and feel free to share that link with others.

Carefully compare original on left to IHC185™ Lever on right...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002