• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Pressed In Jewels "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all, just a quick question, i have tried to use my staking set to replace some pressed in jewels in modern watches with others. is this not possible? do i need a jewelling kit to expand the whole, close etc?

this is for more modern watches, all that happens is i end up cracking them to pieces?

Any help would be greatful, as i have parts movement for watches that need the jewels!

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Posts: 2 | Location: London, United Kingdom | Registered: March 28, 2012
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Check out John Duvall's helping hands tutorials, there is a section on Seitz Jeweling tools, might be helpful.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
IHC Member 1555
posted
Hi Jonathan,

Are you talking about pressed in jewels or rubbed in jewels, as the later needs special tools to open the jewel bezel lip and then close it again, they can not be done correctly with a Seitz jewelling tool, a picture of the job would be good?

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
Thank you all, example attached below

Many thanks

Posts: 2 | Location: London, United Kingdom | Registered: March 28, 2012