• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

stem removal on lady,s wrist watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Just a general question, i do not work much on lady,s quartz watches, i want to remove a stem to clean the dial and crystal and case.I have seen on some small mechanical movements a pin you push that disconnects rhe stem.
Any thoughts on this?

Kevin "Veritas" West
IHC Member 261
Chapter 111,Ottawa
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada

Watch Repair Expert
posted
Most modern quartz watches have a little lever that's supposed to be depressed in order to release the stem. The lever should be somewhere near where the stem enters the movement, and it should have a "dimple" in the end of it, which is intended to prevent the point of a sharp instrument from slipping off. Some movements have a small arrow pointing to the correct spot on the lever to depress.

Needless to say, the lever must be depressed and held down while the stem is removed. On most models, the stem will snap back into place again without having to depress the lever a second time.

===================

Steve Maddox
Past President, NAWCC Chapter #62
North Little Rock, Arkansas
IHC Charter Member 49

Posts: 618 | Location: North Little Rock, Arkansas USA | Registered: December 05, 2002
posted
Thanks for the advice and knowledge passed along Steve.
I appreciate it.
Cool Cool Cool

Kevin "Veritas" West
IHC Member 261
Chapter 111,Ottawa
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada