Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Staffing - Lathe Set "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
If I can't cut a staff out with this baby I'll quit.
It is going to take me 6 months to pay for it & a year to learn how to use it all.
It is a Used Lorch KD-50 in the original box.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
A beautiful micro-Lathe. Finishing a one-off steel balance staff takes a Huuuge RPM range, or a lot of polishing.Please remember though, success making things depends on the experience of the machinist. It is only enhanced by the machine.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Where did you get it, Patrick?

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Patrick,

You're sure lucky to get one of those. Whatever you're paying for it, it's well worth the $$$. Very nice lathe!

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Member 1693
posted
WoW Patrick ! That's very cool ....... Smile

Posts: 352 | Location: Southeast Michigan in the USA | Registered: March 22, 2012
IHC Member 43
posted
Nice Lathe Patrick

Curly

Posts: 251 | Location: Ashland, Wisconsin U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Eric, I was on 'you tube' and watching lathe videos and it was featured there. I was told they no longer make or sell them. (Bummer) Then I started hitting web sites and emailing & found this puppy. The price, I don't want to talk about. It makes me sick.....

David. You are so right. Your theory is spot on. I could buy a 747, but if I can't fly it why but it.
I graduated from a 2 year course on automotive machining in 1965 and two years after that from automotive body & fender repair. Then a 2 year mechanical science course. My first job was machining mechanical fuel injection nozzles in Seattle. When all was said and done I was driving Long Haul for a large outfit out of Tacoma, WA. Now, I'm screwed, blued & retired. I also drove city bus for 10 years in Seattle and Everett, WA.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011