Internet Horology Club 185
Staffing - Lathe Set

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3426047761/m/4223908187

March 06, 2014, 17:11
Patrick Wallin
Staffing - Lathe Set
If I can't cut a staff out with this baby I'll quit.
It is going to take me 6 months to pay for it & a year to learn how to use it all.
It is a Used Lorch KD-50 in the original box.

March 06, 2014, 17:26
David Abbe
A beautiful micro-Lathe. Finishing a one-off steel balance staff takes a Huuuge RPM range, or a lot of polishing.Please remember though, success making things depends on the experience of the machinist. It is only enhanced by the machine.
March 06, 2014, 17:31
Eric Unselt
Where did you get it, Patrick?
March 06, 2014, 18:19
William D. White
Patrick,

You're sure lucky to get one of those. Whatever you're paying for it, it's well worth the $$$. Very nice lathe!

William
March 07, 2014, 12:38
Jack Marsh
WoW Patrick ! That's very cool ....... Smile
March 07, 2014, 20:30
"Curly" Sjolander
Nice Lathe Patrick

Curly
March 08, 2014, 11:08
Patrick Wallin
Eric, I was on 'you tube' and watching lathe videos and it was featured there. I was told they no longer make or sell them. (Bummer) Then I started hitting web sites and emailing & found this puppy. The price, I don't want to talk about. It makes me sick.....

David. You are so right. Your theory is spot on. I could buy a 747, but if I can't fly it why but it.
I graduated from a 2 year course on automotive machining in 1965 and two years after that from automotive body & fender repair. Then a 2 year mechanical science course. My first job was machining mechanical fuel injection nozzles in Seattle. When all was said and done I was driving Long Haul for a large outfit out of Tacoma, WA. Now, I'm screwed, blued & retired. I also drove city bus for 10 years in Seattle and Everett, WA.