• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Mainspring Identification "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I bought a lot of mainsprings, they are in the aluminum containers that hold them.Nothing is on them as to size.Is there a way to find out what they could fit without removing them from the containers?
I know this is a newbie question but i am a little puzzled.

Kevin "Veritas" West
IHC Member 261
Chapter 111,Ottawa
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada

posted
No part numbers?
If you took one of them out of the aluminum you could classify it by your own measurements either take with a Dennison MS gauge or a micrometer. With the type of spring end along with the measurements we should be able to get you something to work with anyway. Without a part number or anything you're going to have to remove at least one from containers as far as I can tell.
B

Posts: 97 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: December 21, 2002
Picture of Brian C.
posted
To all Chapter 185 members,
Be very careful buying parts without part numbers and when ordering from catalogs, be sure part assortments say for pocket watches or you can bet the parts you receive, will be for wrist watches.
Brian C.

pwpartsetc@pwatch.com

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Thanks Brian, i have bought things and they had no numbers on them, like the springs, so i guess i have to take each spring out to identify it.
Also but some stems, they were ww stems. Confused

Kevin "Veritas" West
IHC Member 261
Chapter 111,Ottawa
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada