Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need Help With Roller Table Seat Chart "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
This is a chart thats been around for years and lot's of Horologists use it. I am haveing a problem with the interchangeability figures. I have never seen a case where the roller table seat is bigger than the balance wheel seat. If I'm reading this chart right all balance wheel seats are smaller than the roller table seat???? This first page explains how to use the charts and on the second photo I explain my problem.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
One page of the charts many.
Lets take a staff of 328 total length. Right side of page. Roman numeral I, go down to 328. According to this chart the roller seat is 1.14 and the balance shoulder is .55. I though about not posting this because it's probably something stupid I'm doing or skipping. Not in all instances is the chart this way but in lot it is. Ignore the yellow highlight.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011