Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

"Letting down" question "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
I understand how to let down a pw if it in the case. How do you accomplish it if you have just a mvt, or if it is in a swing out case where the pendant is of no use to slow the unwinding down?

Ed

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Ed,

Well there is a tool of course with a male square like the stem and a handle you could make your own which would be a excellent workshop project. sometime they don’t fit a odd size one, so you could make a special or take the stem out of the case put it in a pin vice or reattached the crown and use it out of the case. you would remove it anyway when you are cleaning the case to make sure no water or chemical remains trapped and allows you to lube the stem which you always do?.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Chris,
I thought their might be such a tool. I have not seen one or someone mentioning it.
It looks like making one out of an old stem would be a good project for me!

Tank you

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
This is an old tool I picked up that is handy. It's convenient to have a one-size-fits-all tool.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Nice Frank, that would come in handy.