Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Verge fusee mouvment book or list or picture "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello everyone!
I'm glad to be part of this very interesting part of pocket watch lovers.
I'm 35 years old and I started to love PW especially fusee's and verge fusee's.
I graduated a school of medicine and a studied a lot of books.
I tried to do the same with my second love (the first is my wife Smile ) to find a book or a few to start learning but I didn't find anything.
Until now I have 4 PW I suppose to be verge fusee: for 1 of them I am sure; but for 3 other I don't have any clue.
Could you, ANYONE, to help me finding a book with the description of verge fusee mechanism (I already read the posts concerning the fusee and the verge escapement), PLEASE? Roll Eyes
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Here are the first of my PW's I have no clue about: it is written on movement:J's Burr, Bristol, 95

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posts: 66 | Location: Romania, Bucharest | Registered: September 02, 2012
posted
GREETINGS DANIEL, THERE IS A BOOK TITLED "THE WATCH REPAIRER'S MANUAL" THE AUTHOR IS "HENRY B. FRIED" IT HAS A SECTION ON VERGE FUSSE POCKET WATCHES, YOU MIGHT FIND A COPY ON EBAY OR AMAZON.COM I HAVE A SMALL FRENCH VERGE FUSSE POCKET WATCH MOVEMENT BUT I AM IN NEED OF A CASE TO COMPLETE IT. TAKE CARE.EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
posted
Greetings to you, too, Eddie!
Thank you so much for information!
What is the dimension (cm)of case you need?
May be I can help.
Kind regards, Smile
Daniel

posted
GREETINGS DANIEL, THE MOVEMENT DIMENSIONS ARE: BACK PLATE DIAMETER 38.10 MM, FRONT PLATE 39.57 MM,TOTAL THICKNESS MEASURED OVER THE HAND SHAFT 15.69 MM, HINGE WIDTH IS 7.87 MM,HINGE SLOT 2.79MM. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE A CASE THAT WOULD FIT AND THE PRICE. THANK YOU. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
posted
Hi Daniel,I have a chapter in a book by F W Britten on the Fusee also two or three pages in F W Britten book Watch and clock makers Handbook.Both books were very difficult to get but you might try.I will copy the pages and send to you Email if you wish.Best of luck. Tony (Ireland)

posted
Hi, Tony!
Please, email me all you have.
Thank you so much!
I'll try to get the books, for sure.
Thank you again!
Kind regards, Daniel

posted
For Eddie: Greetings, Eddie!
I'm sorry I don't have such a case. I have 3 cases, but 1 is bigger and 2 are smaller then you need.
We keep in touch!
Kind regards,
Daniel

posted
OK Daniel,Will email soon as I can.Please send email address. Best regards. Tony

posted
Hello, Tony!
My e-mail address is danieltabarcea@gmail.com
Thank you again!
Kind regards,
Daniel