Internet Horology Club 185
Verge fusee mouvment book or list or picture

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2291010082/m/9983993477

September 05, 2012, 14:02
Daniel Tabarcea
Verge fusee mouvment book or list or picture
Hello everyone!
I'm glad to be part of this very interesting part of pocket watch lovers.
I'm 35 years old and I started to love PW especially fusee's and verge fusee's.
I graduated a school of medicine and a studied a lot of books.
I tried to do the same with my second love (the first is my wife Smile ) to find a book or a few to start learning but I didn't find anything.
Until now I have 4 PW I suppose to be verge fusee: for 1 of them I am sure; but for 3 other I don't have any clue.
Could you, ANYONE, to help me finding a book with the description of verge fusee mechanism (I already read the posts concerning the fusee and the verge escapement), PLEASE? Roll Eyes
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Here are the first of my PW's I have no clue about: it is written on movement:J's Burr, Bristol, 95

Kind regards,
Daniel

September 06, 2012, 09:54
Eddie G. Hines
GREETINGS DANIEL, THERE IS A BOOK TITLED "THE WATCH REPAIRER'S MANUAL" THE AUTHOR IS "HENRY B. FRIED" IT HAS A SECTION ON VERGE FUSSE POCKET WATCHES, YOU MIGHT FIND A COPY ON EBAY OR AMAZON.COM I HAVE A SMALL FRENCH VERGE FUSSE POCKET WATCH MOVEMENT BUT I AM IN NEED OF A CASE TO COMPLETE IT. TAKE CARE.EDDIE
September 06, 2012, 13:17
Daniel Tabarcea
Greetings to you, too, Eddie!
Thank you so much for information!
What is the dimension (cm)of case you need?
May be I can help.
Kind regards, Smile
Daniel
September 10, 2012, 12:48
Eddie G. Hines
GREETINGS DANIEL, THE MOVEMENT DIMENSIONS ARE: BACK PLATE DIAMETER 38.10 MM, FRONT PLATE 39.57 MM,TOTAL THICKNESS MEASURED OVER THE HAND SHAFT 15.69 MM, HINGE WIDTH IS 7.87 MM,HINGE SLOT 2.79MM. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE A CASE THAT WOULD FIT AND THE PRICE. THANK YOU. EDDIE
September 15, 2012, 06:11
Tony Siviter
Hi Daniel,I have a chapter in a book by F W Britten on the Fusee also two or three pages in F W Britten book Watch and clock makers Handbook.Both books were very difficult to get but you might try.I will copy the pages and send to you Email if you wish.Best of luck. Tony (Ireland)
September 15, 2012, 13:03
Daniel Tabarcea
Hi, Tony!
Please, email me all you have.
Thank you so much!
I'll try to get the books, for sure.
Thank you again!
Kind regards, Daniel
September 15, 2012, 13:30
Daniel Tabarcea
For Eddie: Greetings, Eddie!
I'm sorry I don't have such a case. I have 3 cases, but 1 is bigger and 2 are smaller then you need.
We keep in touch!
Kind regards,
Daniel
September 16, 2012, 05:59
Tony Siviter
OK Daniel,Will email soon as I can.Please send email address. Best regards. Tony
September 16, 2012, 11:45
Daniel Tabarcea
Hello, Tony!
My e-mail address is danieltabarcea@gmail.com
Thank you again!
Kind regards,
Daniel