Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Repeater Identification "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
I am just getting around to identifying a bunch of watches I purchased over the past few months. One of these is a repeater. Its a 28j quarter repeater in a 18k case (case is not marked, but it tested as 18k). I have not taken the dial off to see if there are any other id marks under it. Any help in identifying it would be appreciated.

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Mvmnt

Bruce Byrd

posted
Hi Bruce

It is very likely that the movement was made by LeCoultre (there might be a makers mark below one of the of the hammers).
Who actually finished, cased or traded this watch will remain unknown, a customers' register of LeCoultre reads like a time-period 'who is who' of swiss watchmaking.

look for the signature

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Hi Gerald,
Looked under both hammers with no luck.. It sure looks like a LeCoultre.. I'll keep looking..

Bruce Byrd