• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Who made it? (Case: Frainier) "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
just bought this in a lot, not many marking, i did think the case was silver how ever no marks to prove my theory. there is a "P" on the back. looking forward to hearing any info... i just noticed that on the case front it has "frainier".

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
back

posted
case

IHC Member 1736
posted
Interesting watch. I really like it. It appears to have some Niello influence in the finish. This finish was generally done on silver or silver alloy cases.

A quick internet search yielded this link. I'm not sure how much I can copy and paste directly in to this post without violating any kind of copy right restrictions.

http://www.worthpoint.com/wort...rt-nouveau-142651599

Frainier & Sons appear to have been case designers and a going concern from 1864 to 1914

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
posted
Paul thank you for your information, i love the pattern just wish it would of been a silver case. I will pull the movement later this afternoon, see if there is any thing under the dial..