• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Majestica Pocket Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Has anyone got any information on the Majestic Watch Co. It is swiss made, it has 15j and 3 adj.
Can you advise me of the quality of the movement, possible date of manufacture, etc.
This is really a good looking, clean 12s watch. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks,
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
posted
movement 1

posted
movement 2

posted
case back

posted
case side - this really a slim case

posted
Bill, I put the Majestic Watch Co into Google and came up with the info that Thommen made the Majestic Watch Company movements, which were imported into the U.S by Wittnauer.

A source for the information aparrently came from "Swiss Timepiece Makers" by Kathleen Pritchard.

I've never heard of this publication before, but it sounds like a handy reference to have.

The movement itself is quite nice quality.
Well jewelled, with a cut Bi-metalic compensation balance and timing screws, plus a Breguet Overcoil Hairspring.
The hairspring stud is a small giveaway of a better movement too, as it's a triangular steel stud crimped onto the hairspring.
With 3 Adjustments too, it puts it a cut above the norm for physically similar movements.

The watch appears to be Stem Wind/Set, and the centre wheel looks like it may have a solid pinion,(no taper pin for attaching the cannon pinion), so also taking account of the case and hands style, I'd make a stab at the Art Deco era, say the 1920's.

A very nice find, thanks for posting the pic's for us (and apologies for taking a while to come back on this).

John.

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
Hello John,
What a wealth of information, Thank you very much, it gives me some idea about this watch now.
Thanks again,
Bil