Internet Horology Club 185
Majestica Pocket Watch

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2291010082/m/7791009233

January 28, 2009, 21:01
Bill Manders
Majestica Pocket Watch
Has anyone got any information on the Majestic Watch Co. It is swiss made, it has 15j and 3 adj.
Can you advise me of the quality of the movement, possible date of manufacture, etc.
This is really a good looking, clean 12s watch. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks,
Bill

January 28, 2009, 21:02
Bill Manders
movement 1

January 28, 2009, 21:02
Bill Manders
movement 2

January 28, 2009, 21:03
Bill Manders
case back

January 28, 2009, 21:04
Bill Manders
case side - this really a slim case

February 03, 2009, 10:23
John Woolsey
Bill, I put the Majestic Watch Co into Google and came up with the info that Thommen made the Majestic Watch Company movements, which were imported into the U.S by Wittnauer.

A source for the information aparrently came from "Swiss Timepiece Makers" by Kathleen Pritchard.

I've never heard of this publication before, but it sounds like a handy reference to have.

The movement itself is quite nice quality.
Well jewelled, with a cut Bi-metalic compensation balance and timing screws, plus a Breguet Overcoil Hairspring.
The hairspring stud is a small giveaway of a better movement too, as it's a triangular steel stud crimped onto the hairspring.
With 3 Adjustments too, it puts it a cut above the norm for physically similar movements.

The watch appears to be Stem Wind/Set, and the centre wheel looks like it may have a solid pinion,(no taper pin for attaching the cannon pinion), so also taking account of the case and hands style, I'd make a stab at the Art Deco era, say the 1920's.

A very nice find, thanks for posting the pic's for us (and apologies for taking a while to come back on this).

John.
February 03, 2009, 11:06
Bill Manders
Hello John,
What a wealth of information, Thank you very much, it gives me some idea about this watch now.
Thanks again,
Bil