Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Another One! "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
I don't know why I like these, but when they are really reasonable, who cares, I'll figure it out someday, maybe!

Sheila

Another

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted

Sheila

Anothermarks

posted

Sheila

Another-dial

posted

Sheila

Anothermvmt

posted

Sheila

Anothermvmt2

posted
Hi Sheila, I know why you like them. They are unique timepieces, albeit a little expensive to have repaired if a part is broken. I looked at the London Hallmark list, and to my bet guess, the hallmark date is 1867. Yours is a fusee. Is it running? On the side view of the movement, it looks like the fusee chain is loose--unattached.

Tom

posted
Tom,
I don't think this one is a Fusee, what your looking at are two wheels.
I'll post another picture later.
It's a lot like the last one I posted here:

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2291010082/m/3221064481

Your right about them being unique. Thanks for the date, saves me from looking it up.
As far as it working, it wants to, but I'm a little worried about winding it, because when I tried, I felt pressure, so I stopped.
The seconds does move when I turn the balance wheel, and the balance wheel moves freely.

I still can't tell the difference between the fussee and the ones that just look like it!!!

Sheila

posted
Sheila,

This is an English fusee.. How to tell by the movement, check the winding arbor, it will always be located in this position..realitive to the balance cock..your other one is located to the "north" of the balance cock..the wheel you refer to is the fusee cone, where the fusee chain winds around, the upper steel tooth set is for the maintaining power click to engage in..

Posts: 638 | Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Tom,
You were right! Thank you, with your post, John gave me the needed information to know the difference. Wow, now maybe I can tell the difference. Thanks!

John,
Your a Gem, now I can tell the difference, and know what the names of the pieces are. I always got them mixed up.

I may not know what the parts are, but I sure can pick up the ones I like!

I plan on keeping these, and also getting them repaired one day, but right now, I'm having fun just finding them, and buying the ones I like the most.

Funny, it doesn't matter to me if a watch works, I just love em all!!!!

One day I hope to be all caught up in getting them repaired, and hope to be able to do a few in the fall. Until then, I will "watch" and buy! hehehehehe

Sheila

Picture of Sam Williamson
posted
Sheila, since this is an English fusee, try winding COUNTERCLOCKWISE to see if it runs.

Sam Williamson

Posts: 618 | Location: Northwestern Florida in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 27, 2002