WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

International Watch Co. Schaffhausen 14k jeweled to center wheel "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Now this is a first for me , an IWC Schaffhaussen watch , never had one before ,and have yet to recieve this one in hand , so am interested in any comments or information you can impart to me, and it will be most appreciated. It is 14k ,jeweled to the center wheel, case, movement, and dial marked,and looks like one hairline from the seconds register through the 8:00. It is a 19 ligne Caliber 52 movement built in 1906.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
#2 apparently a little dimple in the cuvette at 7:30

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1357
posted
Tom, a beautiful watch.If you don't like it it is most welcome to come to Texas!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4092 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
It wouldn't be the first "Brunton Watch" in Texas!! "Tex"Brunton,the minor Texas outlaw left the state and there would have been a Brunton Watch out for him, and an all points bulletin Wink or so it says on the internet as follows
" "Tex” Brunton - With the law on his tail, Brunton fled from Texas, to California and Oklahoma."

and as he might have said "if I'm passing by ,I'll be sure to call" LOL Cool Big Grin But seriously , I still have many MacAngus relatives in Texas who have Anglicized their name to McAngus!!!

posted
all known as big mac´s...most to be found in burger industry... Big Grin
Your watch Tom, is top drawer, I´ve got a couple of those cal 53´s, I saved from the scrapper. Look here

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
actually Werner,you mean Cal 52 don't you? And the Lazy McAngus Ranch is in Alberta, and famous for breeding Black and Red Angus beef cattle and this is the link-same family in Texas and Hawaii too,they just dropped the "A" in Mac

http://www.lazymcangus.com

IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
IWC made similar calibres with different numbers. Tom's movement is a Calibre 52 19 ligne 6.5mm thick open face movement. See Calibre 52, Same Size as Tom's.

Caliber 53 seems identical to Calibre 52, except that it is the hunter version. See Caliber 53, Same Size as Tom's .

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
thank you for the clarification Ethan It was mailed yesterday so I'll have it wednesday and I'll post the serial # of the case then !!! Wink and this link looks almost like it's brother

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/b...ae4&2ustu&1098284406

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
the IHC Schaffhausen case is serial # 386552 and Ethan informed me thusly - "According to my database, the case was made around 1907, which makes perfect sense for a 1906 movement". Thank you very much for the assistance Ethan ,much appreciated!!!