• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Patek Phillipe Help! "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have been offered this watch, and I know nothing about Patek Phillipe. This is a 16S, open face watch in a plain case. The watch looks to me as if it were made for export to the USA. The name uses Co. instead of Cie. I believe it was cased in the USA. No makers name is on the case. Also, the regulator uses F and S rather than A and R. There is some dial damage at 27 . Serial number is 62066, while case is 62055. Here are 4 pictures. When was it made? What is it worth? Is it a good movement? HELP!

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
posted
Dial

posted
Movement

posted
Case

posted
How about a shot of the plate under the dial?

Lowell

Posts: 7 | Location: Colonial Heights, Virginia USA | Registered: October 11, 2005
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
The one on page 536 in the 1006 Guide is almost identical to yours, and says, Patek Philippe & Co. signed on 18k cuvette, early stem wind, moustache lever, wolf tooth winding, 18J, gilt movement, S# 45,483, 49mm, Ca. 1875

There are a few differences though, small ones.

Could they be the same?

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
It is an early Patek. If you want to discuss value, it should be posted in the Perils forum.

I had an earlier one that is posted on my web site.

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002