WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

M. Gunzinger & FILS with chain and bird fob.10j. 2 adj. "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Wondering if anybody can fill me in on this watch. I need to immediately sell and need a place to start.

Posts: 54 | Location: Danville, Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 31, 2014
posted
pic 2

Posts: 54 | Location: Danville, Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 31, 2014
posted
pic 3

posted
pic 4

posted
Hi Bob

A nice swiss fob or lapel watch from the 20's
The movement is a very common type of 10j cylinder-escapement which was made in large numbers by manufacturers like FHF (and others); finished and cased by many small watchmaking companies and exported and sold worldwide.

Melchior Gunzinger founded a small manufacure in 1900 in Welschenrohr; switzerland. His son Joseph Gunzinger took over the company 1920 and the name changed to Gunzinnger Freres (brothers). 1924 he registered the trademark 'Technos' and started to build and trade watches with this label with growing success. 1970 the company was sold to the General Watch Co (450 employees, exporting mainly to Brasil and Japan)

'Cecile' was a trademark registered for Porter Watch Co; importers; New York.

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
Thanks Gerald, I really appreciate the history lesson on this watch. Winds and runs nice. Going to list if I can find some similar watches and what they sell/sold for.

Have a great day!