WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

The best known stopwatch in the USA, but what brand is it? "Click" to Login or Register 
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
I was not expecting the famous "60 Minutes" stopwatch, but there it was, in the Air and Space Museum, Washington.

But, in the back of my watch collecting brain - I could not help but wonder - What brand is it?

Best regards,

Greg

Posts: 1948 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Picture of Clyde Roper
posted
I've often wondered the same thing. Smile

Posts: 203 | Location: North Carolina in the USA | Registered: December 05, 2006
posted
Arthur Bloom's obit states that it was his Minerva stopwatch that was used. On the other hand, Wikipedia claims that it is a Heuer.

Posts: 331 | Location: Camarillo, California USA | Registered: May 03, 2005
posted
The obit and Wikipedia seem to agree that it was Arthur Bloom's Minerva from 1968 to the early 80's, and a "swankier" Heuer from then until at least the Wikipedia entry was updated October 2006. However, this museum display says it was the one there at the museum from the 70's until it was replaced by computer graphic display in the 90's. I wonder which story is correct??

Probably a lot like all of the "official" Elvis Venturas around? Smile

To borrow from "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance"...

"When the legend becomes fact, print the legend,"

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005