Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help date 17j Lord Calvert "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1736
posted
Hi guys,

This is one of three heirloom watches I did for my boss this week.

Gpa Sam was a Share cropper, Deacon in the local church, cut railroad ties for $0.50/day and loved to wrestle. The family is from south and central Missouri.

I'm pretty sure the movement is original to the case. A Keystone base metal, serial number 833615.

The EON on the movement crosses to Avalon/Calvert.

True bridge, 17J unadjusted, going barrel, wrist watch or European style set/wind mechanism.

Overall, nice fit and finish, great runner. Super nice jewels.

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Member 1736
posted
Sorry, no serial numbers...

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Member 1736
posted
My best guess is the heart of the depression based on the bull dog style case, synthetic jewels...

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Lord Calvert was a name used by the American Jewelry Distributors Co. They provided lots of watches to independent jewlers and variety stores in the post WW2 period.
Found it on the web.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1736
posted
Thank you Peter. A bit later than I expected, but makes sense.