Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Another Private label??? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 708
posted
Hi Everyone,
Not beat a dead horse to death but this watch intrigues me. I believe it is an Illinois but I'm not sure. Please help!!

Steve Cohen

Posts: 153 | Location: Montgomery Village, Maryland USA | Registered: March 15, 2006
IHC Member 708
posted
The face

Steve Cohen

Posts: 153 | Location: Montgomery Village, Maryland USA | Registered: March 15, 2006
IHC Member 708
posted
The case

Steve Cohen

IHC Member 708
posted
Sorry, The case

Steve Cohen

IHC Member 708
posted
One more of the face

Steve Cohen

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
This appears to be a Swiss watch (nice too!). What led you to think it might be an Illinois?

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
IHC Member 708
posted
Jerry,
I looked in Shugart and Illinois is the only one I saw that makes a watch that is a chronometer but I don't really know?? Thaks for your help Smile

Steve Cohen

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
A regular watch with a stop-watch attachment or complication (like yours) is a "chronograph". A "chronometer" is a timepiece that is adjusted to very specific timekeeping standards and may use a special escapement, although the term was more loosely used as a marketing tool by some companies. I am not aware of any chronographs by Illinois, although Waltham produced a number of these, as did Elgin, Hamilton and even New York Standard.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
IHC Member 708
posted
Thanks Jerry,
Like I said, I don't really know so I appreciate all the information you have given me. I will keep looking!

Steve

Steve Cohen