• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

IDENTIFY MOVEMENT "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Could any member identify this high-grade 16 size movement with a clamp on dial, jeweler's name on movement and dial.

Posts: 391 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: April 20, 2006
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Can you tell me what the name is? I can't read it.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
YES...Z. J. Peguignot, Philadelphia, PA.

SWISS, 21j Serial #25042, name is on movement and dial

Posts: 391 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: April 20, 2006
posted
Daniel,

Not sure of the maker.. Does this movement have 3 case screws??

Posts: 638 | Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
YES! If you had looked a little closer you would see the third screw is not tightened against the case edge. I could probably find some identification if I took off the clamp on dial...but I thought one of our members might recognize the movement.

Could it be Aggasiz (spelling?) The regulator set-up looks familiar.

posted
Agassiz would be my guess, although Patek, Philippe also used Wilmot's regulator. Search the archives for "wilmot" and you'll find a bit more info.

Posts: 331 | Location: Camarillo, California USA | Registered: May 03, 2005
posted
Are you sure that G in Peguignot is not really a Q as in Le Cerneux-Pequignot Le Locle ?

Posts: 110 | Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana U.S.of A. | Registered: April 29, 2006
posted
While the name is in fine script my 50 years in the Graphic Arts industry enables me to distinguish between a "q" and a "g"...NO the the g is a g.

Thanks for your asking...example...Weiss...I have seen as Weiz, Weis, Wice and one or two others I may have no memory of.

posted
I am sorry if I offended ,the photo is too poor to try and make out and I merely put the question because I had found references for watchmakers named “Pequignot” . I too can read with some slight skill acquired through the years but it was the abilities of the movements engraver as well as the idiosyncrasies of penmanship of the era which I was questioning more then your ability to distinguish the letter Q from the letter G. Good day to you.

Posts: 110 | Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana U.S.of A. | Registered: April 29, 2006
posted
If my reply offended you, I'm sorry...I only meant to say the signature is spelt with a "g" and not a "Q."

Sometimes, our wording can lead to a misunderstanding...it was not my intention to
infere my ego may have been taken to task.

Please do not feel put out! I'm like a pussy cat,
gentle and loving.