WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help with a Geneva seal pocket watch. Lester Cerf.? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I just purchased this 14k gold Swiss pocket watch. It is unmarked, except it is stamped twice on the movement with the Geneva seal. No maker or serial number. The dial is marked Lester Cerf. N.Y. & the dial side of the movement is marked 22478 which matches the case numbers. Very high grade movement with wolf teeth winding wheels. There are only a handful of watch brands that bear the Geneva seal. Any idea as to the maker of this fine watch?
Thanks, Jim

Posts: 273 | Location: New York in the USA | Registered: May 28, 2008
Picture of Martin Wagner
posted
If you google Lester Cerf there's some info about him being a jeweler.

Marty

Posts: 420 | Location: Alabama in the USA | Registered: January 26, 2012
Picture of Dan Carter
posted
BHJ Co. shows up on some internet searches as a watchmaker. I did not want to post the link since it was an auction site. Try "bhj & co watch" in Google search. Similar looking movement and parts.

The G on the case stands for Geneva, and the Squirrel means 14K gold (as marked):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallmark#Switzerland.

Last search pulled up this - B. H. J. Co. (Bernard Haas Jeune Cie) as the possible watchmaker.

Posts: 407 | Location: Northern Virginia in the USA | Registered: October 08, 2011
Picture of Dan Carter
posted
I found this as well ...
Name of Company - Haas Neveux & Cie.
Year Started - 1848
In - Geneva
By - B. Haas Jeune
From - http://www.antiquewatchworld.c...h/html/watch_co.html

Posts: 407 | Location: Northern Virginia in the USA | Registered: October 08, 2011