WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

These are some great looking watches Ball/Ham 998e "Click" to Login or Register 
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
WOW! if you were going to keep a watch, one like this one fit the bill.
Serial # B648071

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Beautiful watch, but MAN that stirrup bow is worn thin!! Eek

Otherwise, gorgeous!

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted
It is worn thin mark, that is why that I hate watch chains, otherwise a really great case.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Yep! I use a leather fob between my chain swivel and ORRS bow when I carry, even though the hole in my stirrup bow is really thick and could easily be used with a chain.

That's pretty heavy metal too!

I wonder if the older versions, like this one, were solid gold bows, and later versions gold filled. You don't see that kind of wear through on the later versions, like my 999B, but you sure do on these. It even looks like it could be solid gold in your picture.

Just thinking out loud here.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted
Don't you just love these Ball dials?

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted
I am cleaning the case up while I wait on the ultra sonic thought to post a shot of the movement for the above Ball/Waltham. Serial # B245410

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
They always make ME smile, that's for sure! Smile

Regards! Mark

IHC Member 2030
posted
The proportion and length of hands is important to overall appearance. The Ball designs seem to do this very well.

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015