Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Questions about transparent pocket watches "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dimitry Poon
posted
I once heard that Waltham's Stone watch is one of the very few transparent watches, and they mostly cost over tens of thousands of dollars, which is entirely out of what I can afford.

Since I have been strongly interested in transparent watches because I am obsessed with the inner beauty of the mechanics of a watch, I have been looking for help.

Hopefully I will find the answer here.

Posts: 2 | Location: Vancouver in Canada | Registered: April 28, 2013
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Look for New England Watch Co. they made skeleton pocket watch not too pricy

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
Peter has given good advice and you might find a Shell Oil Company watch given as a premium for buying their products. I believe those were Swiss and sort of see thru.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Dimitry, Colibri produced well detailed, strong running "Skeleton" watches. This one passed through my collection and the same type shows up on eBay fairly regularly.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Dimitry Poon
posted
Is there any other skeletonized watches that are more elaborately finished and still in reasonable price range?

Posts: 2 | Location: Vancouver in Canada | Registered: April 28, 2013
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
check ebay you might find what you looking for

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Here's a late example.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011