Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Trenton back to life. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
Hi all.

I finally got around to it. My Trenton is up and running again. I took the complete main spring barrel from the parts movement I bought from Andy and installed it. Below you can see what the problem was and what it looks like now.

Regards, Krister.

Posts: 375 | Location: Backaryd, Sweden | Registered: April 19, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Movement.

IHC Life Member
posted
The whole watch in a nice Dueber case.

IHC Member 1736
posted
Krister, is that an 1887 1 star first year gilded OF model #1?

Nice clean looking watch, I like the stuff that is off the beaten track.

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
That is a Model 2 as evidenced by the flat top plate rather than the "domed" type typical of the model 1. It makes no difference in "book" value, and given the S/N, is an excellent "save".

Notice the "old" barrel should be OK, only the Mainspring exploded.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Great work Krister and who say we can't make them tock again.
I'm working on one but is no stars one but the 3 fingers movement.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011

posted
Nice - Krister...

Posts: 7178 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
I have had this watch for a couple of years without knowing what it was exactly. I remember when I got it and wound it up for the first time, it went "sproing" and I was expecting the worst, so I just put it away. Then, some time ago, I saw that Andy had a spare movement for sale at a very reasonable price to say the least. (Thanks Andy). So today I took it out and examined it more closely and found that there was no damage what so ever except a broken main spring. As Dave already told you it is a model #2 from around 1890 and it is a 1 star in the book. It takes shelter in a very big and heavy three hinges silverine case from Dueber. Now it not only tocks again, it ticks even. Big Grin
Thank you for commenting.

Regards, Krister.