Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Plymouth Watch Co. (Illinois) "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
Just picked this watch up from a local coin show. I think all original watch with the Dial marked with the Plymouth Watch Co. USA and the Movement with the same markings. This is a 16 size 17 jewel hunter grade 175 made 1905. As I scan the Illinois Encyclopedia it seam that only just over 1,000 of these were made with the Plymouth marking. The grade 175 watch was made in small quanity runs. This grade watch has the same plate configuration as the Interstate Chronometer with different damaskeening pattern.

Welcome to any comments.

Thanks

Posts: 856 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 48
posted
Dial

Posts: 856 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Keith, that is a rare beauty indeed;
1 finger Getty Movement, double signed with excellent dial, beautifully damaskeened movment in original gold filled hunter case in near perfect unspoilt condition!

What is the Serial number so we can look it up and envy your watch rescue all that much more! Roll Eyes

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 48
posted
Hi David

Sorry, I should have posted the serial above. The serial number is 1809420 which is from a run of only 200 (1809401-1809600).

Regards
Keith

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Total 1075 Plymouth and 200 (same grade) Interstate Chronometers saw the light of day! I am GREEN with envy, You rescued a very very nice piece! Roll Eyes

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
That is a really cool and interesting finish on those plates.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008