• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Stuck back Case cover "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I recently purchased a Hamilton 950B and when I received the watch the back could not be removed. I was under the impression that these were screw back cases. Am I correct? Possible cross-threading? I will be sending it out for repair. Has anyone else ever seen this problem and is it an easy fix? Thanks for any help.

Posts: 13 | Location: Bullhead City, Arizona in the USA | Registered: March 01, 2019
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Hi James,

Without seeing the case it is hard to tell. If it is an original 992B case cased at the factory it is a screw off back. If it is a replaced case it could be anything. If it is a screw off back there are several different ways to loosen the back. The one I have the most luck with is to take a big wad of clear packaging tape and wad it up with the sticky side out. Put it in the center of the back. Take and put the palm of your hand on the other side of the wad of tape and the palm of the other hand on the front bezel and push your hands together very tightly and try to unscrew the case. I have only had one case that this did not work on.

Harry

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
posted
Thx Harry I decided just to send it for a COA and restoration

Posts: 13 | Location: Bullhead City, Arizona in the USA | Registered: March 01, 2019